What’s Going On at My Blog, By Christie O.
I have to say going to these three conferences this summer (Fitness & Health Blogger’s Conf, BlogHer and Fitbloggin) was an eye opening experience not just for me as a person, but for me as a blogger. The conferences made me really sit down and think about the direction my blog is going.
It made me really sit down and think about what I want to blog about and how often I want to blog, what I want to blog about (like reviews) and how often I want to work with brands and here’s what I’ve come up with for myself.
At the end of the day, I’m not a review blog. I know a lot of review bloggers and I love them.
I love to do reviews, I love to try new things, I love to share my favorite things, but I don’t like to post that all the time. I’m very long-winded. I have a lot of other stuff to say.
And honestly? I don’t think people come here primarily for reviews. I think you come here for stories and for other reasons I have no idea. I’m still baffled that I have readers at all. (By the way – please know I’d love to hear from you — is there something you look for when you come here? What’s your favorite/least favorite thing?)
I like to write weekly installations of stuff (it helps me stay organized) and lately I have fallen into a schedule I think I like. I like predictability. No matter how much I try to just write on a whim, the truth is, I have a Google calendar and I like to fill it up with weekly installments. I still write on many a whim but it usually goes into the calendar too.
You may have noticed a pattern of posts over the past few months anyway, but sort of unofficially officially, here’s what it’s shaken out to be:
- Mondays are The Monday Manifesto, where I launch into something that’s important to me but also it could just be crap, who knows. I’ve Monday Manifesto’ed about my love for punctuation, so anything goes.
- Tuesdays: I’ve decided to post reviews only once a week, on Tuesdays for the Tues. Reviews. If it’s ever more than that then just know that it’s only because there is some sort of time deadline like a movie review or a promotion that’s ending and I have to squeeze in another, but honestly? Once a week. On Tuesdays. (I’ve got some goodies coming up, too.)
- Tuesdays: I am also going to start hosting two giveaway linkies on Tuesdays too, one for U.S. and Canada giveaways and one for Florida only, to help my Florida blogging buddies out (local giveaways are usually the toughest! Trust me, I know!) If I’m going to have a giveaway day, you can enter more than just mine, and plus, I just want to help people get their giveaway message out there. Promoting giveaways is not easy! So know that if you have a giveaway going on, you can always promote it here on Tuesdays.
- Wednesdays are always my workout posts, my weekly wrap ups. Wednesday is just such a good day for that. I don’t have a name for it, I have some sort of mental block on it (Bacon Wednesday?) so for now it’s just my workout post.
- Thursdays are when I post whatever, lots of times it’s series posts but other times it’s just open. I like it that way.
- Fridays I host a Foto Friday! See, Fridays are about coffee and getting to Saturday. I like posting things that aren’t deep on Fridays, like pictures I’ve taken during the week because I love taking photos and they really need a place to go. If you want to join the linky, please feel free to join in and everyone will come visit you! (Feel free to grab that button by the way and GET READY FOR FOTO FRIDAY!)
- Saturdays are my recipes. I LOVE COOKING. I need to get better at taking food pictures. So Saturdays for recipes works for me.
- Sundays are sort of open. Sometimes I do Pinteresting stuff, sometimes not. It’s pretty open to me.
My goal is to do more videos, I love them and don’t do enough of them.
So these are my housekeeping notes, it’s been a year since the last time I had some housekeeping and so it’s about time!
Post Footer automatically generated by wp-posturl plugin for wordpress.