It’s Time to Get Back into Shape NOW, Friends OR My Head will Explode.
Sunday I went for a run.
Besides the need to hook myself up to a spinach IV post-vacation, my body has been yearning for some sort of movement that isn’t going to and from the refrigerator (or the beach or from one cocktail place to another…)
It’s been yearning for a good old fashioned sweat. It’s time to start training again, I can just feel it. My body is ready.
This has been the hardest mental three months in the world. I’m all puffed up and getting pudgy again, just like the olden days, finding more rolls in places like my tummy and having more boob sweat that usual. I don’t like the feeling of my pants being too tight and teetering on the borderline of needing a bigger pants size, it makes me feel nightmarish about letting myself go, the way I would have in the past when I’d just give up. It’s easy to just blame the pudge on the Cansuh but let’s face it, the Cansuh didn’t make me eat the fudge and the ice cream. (We can nickname this “Fudge Pudge.” Ha.)
For three years, I’ve kept everything in check and have thought that I had finally turned a corner and made life changes permanently. When all of a sudden the scale creeps up, bad habits seep back in and I’m faced with the decision: continue on the same path or change it. I recognize this place. I’ve been here before. I HATE IT.
In the past, I wouldn’t make the decision at all. I’d get angry and bitter that my body needs constant movement and healthy food to stay a certain shape and then I’d just do what I wanted. I’d rebel.
And then I’d lose control. And then 30 pounds later (or more…)
Now at least my body tells me it DOESN’T WANT THAT. Not this time.
Though I live with the fact that it is a constant struggle to make good choices. Every single day. And the pudgier I get, the more I feel the need to hide myself away in shame from my training groups or exercise partners and I hate that feeling. GAH!
BUT let’s talk about this particular run though, shall we?
I ran on Sunday. I left the car and I walked to get pumped. I could tell right away that my body is ready to run again. And so I did. For the better part of it, I ran. It was NOT FAST. That’s the hardest part to swallow, that my “slow” has gotten even slower. I’m trying not to care. It’s hard.
The point is, though, I ran. And my midsection DID.NOT.HURT.
Getting back to normal has been so slow it’s mental TORTURE. Literally TORTURE in my mind it makes me CRAZY!!!
But I’m moving now. And it doesn’t HURT! (Well it hurts in the general sense that it does when you’re out of shape, but no pulling, tugging, sore scars, things like that!!!!)
So here’s the deal friends. I’m working on my training plans now because I’m ready to train again. I know this is not going to be pretty and I’m going to have to do a lot of listening to my body and being one with my slowness. I’m going to need your help in reminding me to just plain be supportive of myself.
My mini goal is to be able to run a full 3 miles and do a brick by Fitbloggin (at which I’m speaking!) That’s about 5 weeks away.
In the meantime I have to do a lot of strength & core training, so:
- I’m doing #plankaday.
- Back to CLEAN EATING. Little to no processed foods, more veggies, more water, very little wine except for on Bachelor Pad evenings, lots of cooking, minimal restaurant eating.
- I’m officially training for two half marathons and the Goofy Challenge. This is not an option, these are races that are paid for and that I am doing come hell or high water. The beginning of 2012 sucked so badly it just has to get better and I have to begin 2013 fresh AND NEW. And happy. And leaving it all on a race course is the only way, with THIS as my beacon for the finish line at the start of 2013:
- Tomorrow I’m going to get back on the bike for date night, my first ride in months.
- Strength training, inner thighs, arms, core, butt, you name it but unconventional (for me). Lots of squats. LOTS.
- Instagramming workouts and food. Yep I’m gonna be one of those.
- And finally, my December 1/2 Marathon, the Rock N Roll Half Marathon in Las Vegas for my husband’s 40th birthday IS BEING SPONSORED BY GIRLZ N GEAR!
These are all good things! I have a love-hate relationship with the fact that it takes this.much.work to get back to my old self and/or to maintain any sort of fitness, I have to admit that. But when it gets going and it all comes together, I LOVE IT.
OH YEAH. Accountability: I’m going to blog about my progress every Wednesday and I’m going to celebrate my epic successes and failures. Back to Daily Mile to LOG LOG LOG. Weighing in on Wednesdays again at Shrinking Jeans. HOWEVER, not focusing on the weight. Focusing on the fitness.
It’s been three months now. It’s time. My GOD it’s time.
Post Footer automatically generated by wp-posturl plugin for wordpress.